There is a situation, you have saved several places in Google Maps and you want to display all those places in one map in Google Maps. How to do it? It is a way to do it, by using My Maps. However, there is no way to add them through My Maps directly. Here the tips from this link to do it:
- Export them using Google Takeout
- Export them from “Google Maps (My Places)”, not from “Bookmarks”. They will be downloaded as a GeoJSON file.
- Use this site to convert the file to KML GeoJSON
- Once download the KML file, can import it into the custom map.
A geographic information system (GIS) is always amuse me. I like to explore this approach, expecially in integration with the hydrological and water resource researches. GIS can be defined as a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all types of spatial or geographical data.
Below some links regarding the GIS that I mark, to be my reference in the future:
Open Source GIS software
Source of GIS data (Raster, Image, etc)
- USGS Earthexplorer http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/
- Malaysia spatial GIS data http://mygdix.mygeoportal.gov.my/