Source of the discussion (Click Here)
I want to downscale temperature and precipitation output from some of the CMIP5 models for my country (Jordan) coordinates. but I failed until now to figure out how to extract a time series of precipitation and temperature for specific coordinates from the the NetCDF files that I downloaded form the CMIP5 data website.
Its very simple only if you have ArcGIS Software.
- Open Arcmap (Double click the Icon)
- In the Arctoolbox—–Goto Multidimension Tools—–MakeNetCDFTableView (Click)
- input netCDF file——-your file in ‘.nc’ (NetCDF extension)
- variable———-Precipitation or Temperature
- Row Dimensions—————-Time stamps (Day or month)
- Dimension Values————-Lat and Long (You can give more values)
- After the Process you can see your data and just export to excel or other statistical software.
- A video tutorial is also attached herewith.
Figure: Step 2
Figure: Interface of MakeNetCDFTableView in ArcGIS
Video: How to export Netcdf using ArcGIS (can download using this link